Join Our Team
If you have customer service experience & know how to handle a small boat, we want to hear from you!
Because we take safety very seriously at False Creek Ferries, we will only consider applicants that have already completed the necessary certification. We understand that obtaining the SVOP & MED-A3 licenses constitute a significant undertaking for prospective candidates. We are happy to consider resumes from those who don’t yet have the licences, but are planning on getting them, for shore based positions. These licenses are required by Transport Canada.
We are currently hiring for various positions for the Spring / Summer season. Please forward your resume with attached copies of all relevant certificates and references.
Dock Crew (Summer)
- Presentable, energetic & physically fit.
- Able to work well independently, and as part of a team.
- Experienced in handling small boats.
- Exceptional customer service ability.
- Excellent English language skills (other languages an asset).
- Able & willing to work long hours, various shifts, and available 7 days a week.
- Experience handling cash. Bondable.
Required Certification for Ferry Operators
- Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP)
- Marine Emergency Duties A3 (MEDA3) or Small Vessel Basic Safety (SV-BS)
- Marine VHF Radio License
- Marine Basic First Aid
- Significant previous boating experience
Required Certification for Deckhands
- Marine Emergency Duties A3 (MEDA3)
- Experience working in the tourism industry; public speaking or tour guide experience.
- Experience working with diesel engines.
- Experience in boat maintenance in wood or fibreglass.
For information on obtaining the SVOP and MED A3 Licences, visit Transport Canada Marine.LICENSES INFO